Met-tle (noun) - staying quality : stamina <equipment that proved its mettle>
We are the ORIGINAL makers of steel wall planters/plaques with magnetic numbers. Please don't be fooled by the others who have stolen our original designs and market them as their own. We appreciate your support as we continue to make QUALITY products by hand in Texas!
Will these magnetic numbers hold?
YES! They are backed with super strong neodymium magnets that are about 10x stronger than regular refrigerator magnets. They hold tight to our steel products and stay put in all weather conditions.
Do you have letters too?
Sure do! Here's what we have readily available:
- 4" Characters available: 0-9, A, B, C, D, N, &, --> (arrow)
- 6" Characters available: 0-9, --> (arrow)
Will the rust finish stain my house?
We have designed our plaques, planters and mailboxes to prevent wall stains. Our wall-mounted designs limit the amount of exposure the metal has with your wall. Small 1/2" square tubing runs along the back edge(s) keeping the planter/plaque from lying directly on the wall. Silicone ‘bumpers’ are provided where the metal touches the wall and we treat our hangers with a painted anti-rust finish to further prevent any rust stains.
Will your powder coated finishes rust?
Steel is prone to rust when exposed to the elements but a powder coated finish is the best protection for steel on the market. A polyester or epoxy powder is applied to the metal and it is then heated to fuse into a protective layer. These finishes should last many years but if you are in a very wet, snowy or coastal area, this may decrease the longevity of this finish. Luckily, metal is easy to refinish, professionally or at home.
What do the back of your yard signs looks like?
We weld a 3/4" square tubing frame around the back of the sign and finish it the same way we finish the front so it's attractive from all angles. 21"L stakes in the same finish are included with your order. The stakes are inserted into the frame about 6" and then they stop.
Are your wall signs easy to install?
YES! Those pesky individual numbers on pins or stand-offs are not easy to install, require you to drill quite a few holes in your home, and typically end up being crooked in the end. All of our wall-mounted designs only require two screws and are very easy to install in any material (stone, brick, siding, concrete, stucco, etc..)
- All shipping on our site is FREE within the contiguous US! (additional charges apply to Hawaii and Alaska residents - sorry!)
- All of our products are 100% handmade in Texas and generally ship within 1-2 weeks. Customs take about 2-3 weeks but may take longer it it's a large order.
- Orders ship via UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail.
- Please do not leave a PO Box as most of our products are heavy and will ship via UPS.
- If you change your mind, please let us know within an hour of placing your order. Once your order is packed or your custom product is designed, there is a 15% restocking fee. If it has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled. In the case of custom signs, once these are made, your order is non-refundable.
Returns & Exchanges:
- Exchanges are permitted if you receive your order and it has been damaged or if you wish to receive another product from our site. You must contact us within 48 hours of receiving your package to be eligible for an exchange. Please include your order number and a photo of the damage if applicable. If the product arrives damaged, we will exchange it free of charge. If you decide you want to exchange for another product, all shipping charges will be your responsibility.
- Returns are permitted on most products but we must receive prior notice of your return no later than 48 hours after the delivery of your package. All returns must be shipped to us no later than 15 days after you receive your package and in original condition. All return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Mod Mettle cannot issue a full refund for merchandise that is damaged during the shipment back to us or while in your care. Refunds will be subject to any repairs that need to be made to the product. It it very important that you wrap and package your return or exchange properly to avoid any issues. Obtaining insurance from USPS or UPS is advisable in case damage happens in transit. Since all products on our site ship free, Mod Mettle will charge a standard 15% restocking fee on any return order. This is non-negotiable.
- Any custom product with address numbers that are welded on or cut out of metal are FINAL SALE only.
- All refunds will be applied back to the credit card used for purchase.
- If the unlikely event that your item is lost in transit, please reach out to us so we can contact the carrier and start a claim to locate it.
- Mod Mettle is not liable for any lost or stolen packages once an order is marked as delivered.
- Now available in 4" and 6" heights!
- All our 100% aluminum address numbers are magnetic. We back them with neodymium (rare earth) magnets so they are very strong and will stay put in all weather conditions. Please use caution when handling these strong magnets as they can destroy laptops, cell phones and credit cards. These magnets are fragile and can be a hazard if dropped due to fragments flying in your eyes. Persons with pacemakers should use caution when handling these magnets. Keep out of reach of children.
- Our magnetic numbers have been powder coated in a soft silver, glossy white, matte black or antique brass finish for extra durability and longevity.
- Have fun and arrange them however you want, no holes in your sign necessary!
- If you move, simply come back to our shop and order new address numbers.
- Clean metal with a dry or damp microfiber cloth using water only. Harsh chemicals can damage the finish.
- If your product is finished with a rust patina (not the powder coated finish), you can help protect it from the elements and further rusting by periodically spraying with a high quality matte sealant. We recommend GJ Nikolas 8321. (available for purchase at sculpturedepot.net) Make sure you clean the metal thoroughly before applying the sealer. We seal with two to three coats before shipping to you but please be aware, it is not a "hard" finish. Hard finishes (ie, where rust will not come off on your fingers) will eventually lead to unsightly flaking and peeling. Our sealant allows the finish to still "breath." We've received feedback that the rustoleum brand can leave a 'milky' finish so we do not recommend this brand.
- Fill the bottom of the planter (about 0.5”) with gravel to prevent water accumulation from damaging the roots.
- Use a nutrient rich potting soil.
- Feed plants once a quarter with miracle grow.
- Water succulents sparingly. Make sure the dirt is completely dry before watering again (approx. once every two weeks depending on your climate).
Let us help you create instant curb appeal on your next project! We provide address signage, monument signage and mailboxes for an array of projects from luxury homes to apartment units.
Please contact us for a quote. We are always up for custom designs as well so let us know what you are looking for and we can make it happen!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.